Safe stay in Croatia
In the reality of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adjusted our business with our clients to respect increased caution and safety measures required at the state level. Our high sanitary standards have become even more rigid and aligned with safety protocols for yachting and marinas. These protocols are updated depending on the current recommendations of national and regional public health headquarters.
Marina Punat - Safe at your 2nd home
To make you feel comfortable and relaxed at Marina Punat, we have taken multiple adjustments and precautions to ensure your safety.
- All employees are keeping a daily temperature log.
- Masks are mandatory for all personnel indoors. Outdoors, masks are mandatory for employees whenever it is impossible to maintain the 2m distance.
- Disinfectant dispensers are at the entrance of every restaurant, facility and office.
- Our sanitary facilities are well equipped with enough disinfectant dispensers, and our staff is frequently and diligently cleaning all the premises.
- We are paying particular attention to thorough cleaning, disinfection and ventilation of all premises. We integrated transparent barriers on reception desks, and the personnel ensure to thoroughly and frequently disinfected all the surfaces.
- Contactless payment is available in all our joints and shops, just like we had it so far.
- We increased the space between tables in all our restaurants to accommodate fewer people seated indoors and on the terraces. The new table setting allows you to feel more relaxed and enjoy better meals at our restaurants.
Please check the current regulations for entry in Croatia, including temporary bans and other restrictions introduced to prevent the COVID-19 dispersion.
For travellers coming directly from EU/EEA countries/regions currently listed on "the green list" of the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), irrelevant of their citizenship, there are no restrictions for entry in the Republic of Croatia if they show no sign of COVID-19 and have not been in the proximity of infected persons.
All travellers coming to the Republic of Croatia from EU/EEA countries/regions that are not currently listed on "the green list" of the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), must present one of the following at the border: a negative COVID-19 test, a proof of vaccination or a recovery certificate.
- Negative COVID-19 test. The PCR test result must not be older than 72 hours and the RAT test 48 hours from the moment of testing until arrival at the border crossing. If it is a RAT and a stay in Croatia that is longer than ten days, it is compulsory to repeat RAT within ten days from the RAT presented for entry into Croatia. More details…
- Proof of vaccination for those who have received both shots of COVID-19 vaccine (or one-shot if the vaccine is admitted in single shot), at least 14 days before entry in Croatia. . More details…
- Proof of recovery - a medical certificate confirming the recovery of SARS-COV-2 infection within the last 18 days. This medical certificate is valid as of 11 days after the first positive COVID-19 test and up to 180 days after it.
Everyone coming from countries outside of EU/EEA, including the citizens of EU Member States (including Croatian citizens), i.e. of the Schengen Member States and the Schengen Associated States, as well as members of their families and third-country nationals who are long-term residents in EU/EEA, upon entering the Republic of Croatia must also meet the above mentioned conditions for entry.
If you have none of the above-mentioned documents, you can perform PCR testing or RAT on SARS-CoV-2 immediately upon arrival in the Republic of Croatia (at your own expense), with the obligation to stay in self-isolation until the arrival of a negative test result. If COVID-19 testing cannot be performed, self-isolation for ten (10) days is mandatory.
All travellers are advised to fill out the form on the ENTERCROATIA web page.
Max. CAPACITY of a facility (restaurant, shop, reception etc.) is prominently displayed at every entrance, declaring the maximum number of persons allowed in, as well as the obligation of mask-wearing. Please, be patient if the capacity is full and you need to wait.
PROTECTIVE FACE MASK is required in all indoor facilities, without exceptions. In our restaurants and terraces, a face mask is obligatory until you are seated at your table. In the open-air service area, the protective face cover is mandatory whenever it is impossible to maintain the required 1.5m distance and work with paint, varnish, etc.
PERSONAL HYGIENE - it is recommended to wash hands with soap and water frequently or to use alcohol disinfectant. Disinfectant dispensers are available at the entrance of every facility. You can purchase face masks and single-use gloves in the grocery and Marina Shop for your protection.
BODY TEMPERATURE - we do not measure it at every entrance. However, there is a freestanding contactless thermometer in the reception of yacht service that you are welcome to use. We recommend to all our guest to keep a daily temperature log, and in case you notice an increase in body temperature, to self-isolate and monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
PCR test (drive-in)
KRK, Helth Center
Address: Vinogradska 2b, Krk
tel: +385 (0)51 221 955
- samples are taken on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 08:00 to 09:00 and on Saturdays from 08:00 to 10:00
- it is recommended to announce your arrival via phone or email
- before testing, you are required to complete a form available in English
- Results are delivered to your email address within 48 hours
- The price of the PCR test is 490,00 HRK which you can only pay in cash at the site
RIJEKA, Teaching Institute for Public Health of PGŽ
Address: Krešimirova ulica 52a
tel: +385 (0)51 554 803
- Sampling: Monday - Saturday, 08:00-12:00
- Location: in front of the main entrance of the Teaching Institute
RIJEKA, KBC Rijeka
Address: Krešimirova ulica 42, Rijeka
Tel: +385 (0)51 658 844
- Schedule your sampling slot by phone every day until 15:00.
- Sampling: every day from 08:00 to 09:00 and from 12:30 to 13:30 in the COVID-19 mobile home outside the Emergency tract, at the main hospital building
- Please read more details on booking, results and payment information here.
RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) and Antibody test
KRK, Helth Center
Address: Vinogradska 2b, Krk
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 14:00
Address: Varoš 19, Vrbnik
Monday - Friday 07:00 - 09:00
Address: Lina Bolmarčića 2, Malinska
Monday - Friday 07:00 - 09:00
OMIŠALJ, private clinic MEDRIS
Ambulance Adria Polymer - ex Dina)
Address: Poje 1, Omišalj
Every day 08:00 - 22:00
Before testing in Omišalj, please fill out the form.
Tel. +385 (0)91 611 9318
- For a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test), anybody can come to the testing site without a previous announcement.
- You are required to complete a form available in Croatian and English. The test results are available after 15 minutes, in Croatian or English.
- The price for RAT is 150 HRK. You can pay only in cash at the site.
- For the Antibody Test, the same applies.
A list of all COVID-19 testing sites in Croatia and other related information is available here:
What to do if you suspect the presence of coronavirus aboard your vessel?
If you or one of your crew notice some of the COVID-19 symptoms (body temperature increased above 37,2° C, respiratory problems such as cough, difficult breathing, throat ache, reduced sense of flavour and smell), please stay aboard your vessel and contact us immediately. Call +385 51 654 111 or +385 51 654 135 and tell us of your situation. Our staff will inform the relevant medical ambulance and local epidemiologist, who will arrange a check-up and COVID-19 testing, if appropriate.
Please do not leave your boat until the test results arrive. If other crews or family members are aboard, you should try to keep away from them as much as possible. To preempt the coronavirus spread, all crew and family members must stay aboard with you until a negative COVID-19 test arrives.
What to do if the COVID-19 test returns positive?
In case of a positive COVID-19 test, the remaining crew or family members will also have to forego the COVID-19 testing and stay aboard until their results arrive. During the self-isolation period, you must remain aboard and not use common premises (bathroom, shop, restaurant etc.)
You can order your meals from our restaurants, and our staff will deliver them to your boat. If needed, our marina crew can also do the grocery shopping and bring groceries to your boat.
What to do if complications with coronavirus occur aboard?
The treatment and recovery will depend on the health and symptoms you have. Our staff will be in close touch with the epidemiologist in charge and the health services.
Our employees will call for an emergency intervention vehicle to take you to the appropriate health institution in case of complications. The nearest Health Center is in Krk, 10' drive from the marina. There are respiratory centres and COVID-19 wards at Clinical Hospital in Rijeka, shall severe symptoms and complications occur. KBC Rijeka.
Important note for foreigners:
If you are an EU, EEA, UK or Swiss national and are covered by your national health insurance provider, your insurance will cover any Covid-related services should they be required in Croatia, just as they would be in your home country. Please take the time to check the validity of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and/or have a new one issued before your trip. Alternatively, have a Certificate issued by your national health care provider.
Nationals of countries with which Croatia has a bilateral agreement (such as Bosnia & Hercegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, N. Macedonia and Turkey) are entitled to coverage by way of the certificate as determined between national healthcare providers, which must be requested prior to travel to Croatia.
Please, note following phone numbers:
MARINA PUNAT – CONTROL CENTER 24/7 +385 51 654 135
EPIDEMIOLOGY SERVICE KRK
51 500 Krk
+385 51 221 955
+385 51 880 540
+385 091 125 7210
- Please maintain an appropriate social distance at all times, reduce close contacts with others and time you spend at places with a high frequency of visitors (bathrooms, reception, shop, laundry etc.)
- Plan your shopping and avoid daily visits to supermarkets and market. You can find most of the groceries and supplies in the market within our marina.
- You can order any of the meals to go in our restaurants, pick them up, and eat aboard.
- Pay contactless as often as you can.
- We are always open to your questions and inquiries. Instead of visiting our reception, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to respond promptly.
- If you tend to use the boat bathroom more frequently, you are welcome to empty the wastewater tank for free as many times as you please. Just schedule it upfront.