Marina Punat is the first and only marina in the world that provides its customers with the service of organized electrical power connection service. If you equip your boat with smart sensors that monitor the voltage of your batteries and order the service, the Marina Punat staff will connect your boat to an electrical outlet when the sensors warn of the need to do so. As soon as charging begins, you will receive a notification informing you that the charging has started, and upon charging completion and voltage stabilisation, you will be informed that the charging has been completed.
Provided that the boat meets the minimum technical and safety requirements stated below, the boat owner can order to have the batteries charged at the preferential price of only 9 € per charging:
- the boat must be equipped with a SENSE4BOAT sensor to monitor all batteries to be charged
- motorboats must be equipped with an automatic fire extinguishing system in the engine area or the SENSE4BOAT sensor for monitoring heat in the engine area (sensor sponsored by the marina)
- sailboats must be equipped with an automatic fire extinguishing system or a smoke sensor in the saloon (sensor sponsored by the marina)
- the boat must be in sound technical condition and the batteries and the chargers must be originally installed by the manufacturer or an authorised service
- the boat must be ready for charging by having the cable on the pier, and all safety fuses for the charging process on the boat must be active
- the boat must have an annual sea berth contract and be situated on the sea berth
The invoice for this service will be delivered by the service provider on a monthly basis for all electrical power connection service activities delivered during that month. Since batteries only have to be charged more than once/twice monthly in exceptional cases, your expenses are entirely predictable.